MontaVista Linux Carrier Grade Edition
A CGL compliant, high performance, high availability carrier grade Linux designed for next generation multi-core network architectures. MontaVista Linux Carrier Grade Edition provides a configurable Linux solution, real-time performance and 4G and LTE wireless network support along with the high availability and servicability Network Equipment Providers (NEPs) and Telecommunications carriers require.
Network Equipment Providers and Telecommunications carriers are under pressure to deliver higher performance at lower cost. They need to increase operating efficiencies while lowering power consumption, in effect becoming more 'green'. At the same time, they must achieve near 100% uptime as they re-architect their solutions away from proprietary hardware and software to new multi-core architectures to achieve the necessary performance and cost savings.
MontaVista Linux Carrier Grade Edition is a high performance, high availability, commercial-grade Linux development platform for next generation multi-core network architectures. CGE delivers bare metal performance while removing the need for proprietary solutions, lowering complexity and providing the time-to-market benefits and the customizability and control of an open-source Linux development platform. Because CGE supports Linux carrier grade standards, developers can add functionality by including off-the-shelf Linux utilities without worrying about function loss due to incompatibility. Carrier Grade Edition includes a complete development environment that enables engineers to rapidly design new equipment and applications, and is fully supported by MontaVista.
MontaVista Linux Carrier Grade Edition adds additional value over open source or proprietary solutions by including features only available from MontaVista. These include:
- Cross-platform support for Linux containers which simplifies the resource allocation and control of multi-core processors
- Bare Metal Engine™ which delivers RTOS level performance in Linux and and maximizes multi-core processor utilization
- Field-serviceability that allows field engineers to fix and upgrade live systems while they are running, minimizing downtime
- The only Linux to comply with CGL 5.0, LSB 4.0, and IPv6 specifications
- Flight Recorder which provides a complete log of all system activity and scheduler history in case of a system failure
MontaVista Linux Carrier Grade Edition provides multiple options for maximizing the resource utilization of multi-core processors. With both AMP and SMP support, along with new partitioning and virtualization technologies, CGE provides the most flexibility and the highest performance for multi-core applications.
CGL Registration for MontaVista Linux Carrier Grade Edition 6.0