Sr. Lead Software Engineer
Customer facing technical lead position, leading other technical resources on the account.
- Design and implement kernel modules for Linux, running on ARM, Intel, MIPS & Power PC, in areas related to (but not limited to) process scheduling, interrupt processing, memory management, cache management packet scheduling.
- Develop, integrate and test firmware, low level drivers and S/W interface on Linux embedded operating systems(or bare-metal runtime environments)
- Contribute to performance and/or feature enhancements of existing software tools and packages on current as well as upcoming Montavista’s future projects.
- Debug failures in internal and customers systems. This role will require closely working with other team members on customers issues.
- Improve software robustness, performance, scalability and feature set.
- Write and publish technical documentation, including specifications, theory of operations and test methodology.
- Work on market and customer driven activities and assist in implementing efficient software on MIPS, PPS, ARM and X-86 HW architecture.
- Provide technical direction, coaching, and mentoring to managers and employees on your team and others when necessary to achieve successful project outcomes
- Work efficiently with fellow engineers in global worksites. Learn and contribute towards high-performance state-of-the-art Multicore software.
- 10+years of development experience on Linux/BSD kernels with knowledge of OS process scheduling, interrupt processing, synchronization mechanisms, memory and cache management on Intel and Power PC processor architectures
- 3+years of technical team lead experience.
- Experience in design, development integration in the area of BIOS and Bootloaders.
- Experience designing hardware abstraction APIs to abstract OS complexities from application developers
- Direct experience with driver and application performance analysis and tuning resulting in significant performance improvements.
- Scripting skills are required (C/C++ a plus.)
- Understanding of board level design issues and debug required.
- Experience using high speed lab equipment and the ability to debug complex systems required.
- Experience in interfacing with architecture and Physical implementation teams is a plus.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as UNIX shell etc is desirable
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills to interface internally and externally with all levels of the organization and to participate in problem solving and quality improvement activities.
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Inherent sense of urgency and accountability.
- Must demonstrate initiative and a bias for thoughtful action.
- Grounded, detail-oriented, always backs up ideas with facts.
- Ability to define problems, issues and opportunities, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions from various datasets.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- BE +10 years of related experience or M.Tech+7 yrs experience of related experience; degree discipline to be in: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.